Friday, September 11, 2009

Last Day In Southside






I had promised many people prints, since they were so kind in sitting for portraits. As my time here is winding down I finally got around to delivering on my word. Many of my portraits have been shot in one area of the island, this area being Southside or Pageant Farm. Everyday since I have been here the sun has been setting a little further south each day. Upon my final visit to Southside the sun was setting just to the left of the island, as apposed to setting behind the hills. The lighting was brilliant, reflecting off the sea.

I went about my way trying to track down a handful of people. I managed to find everyone, walking from house to house or bystander to bystander asking where each person lived. I found myself in homes that I had never seen before and meeting people that were so kind to lend there time for a few more photographs. I promised them that when I return they too will receive a print, and thus begins a snowball effect of portraiture. I'm happy to make as many prints as I can and people are happy to sit for a photo as long as they receive a print.

As I made my way to my last stop I received an unpleasant greeting from three dogs. Unfortunately I got bit, not badly, I think I will live no rabies yet?!

No comments: