Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thesis




So I have begun working on my thesis work.  Well I have been working on it for a month now.  My ideas are still rough and I'm sure the semester will lead me in all sorts of directions.  I have been shooting in Sparow's Pt. Maryland.  Sparows Pt. is a very interesting town, it used to be an industrial town, the steel plant there employed around 30,000 people.  Now it only employs 1,ooo people.  So as you can imagine there is a lot of displacement.  My project is a study of the landscape which is so fascinating in this area.  I will be expanding my work to other areas in Baltimore, as the semester continues.  

Here are a few of my first scans they are by no means final and need a lot of work.  I just wanted to get them up.  

2 comments:

D. Maziarz said...

hey i like the 1st shot in this series a lot. can i ask what type of film you used?

SimpsonFilms said...

Yeah I'm glad you like it I used Kodak 160 VC these are all shot with a four by five camera